Visit Canada

Canada welcomes millions of temporary residents (non-immigrants) each year.

Individuals who wish to enter Canada for a temporary purpose, such as tourists, temporary foreign workers (individuals with work permits), and international students (individuals on study permits), can apply for a visit visa or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).


There are two types of Canadian visitor visas:

o   Single entry visas
o   Multiple entry visas

To get a visitor visa, individuals must:

  •     Have a passport
  •     Have good health
  •     Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  •     Proof of network of colleagues or family around
  •     Have ample financial assets or family back home
  •     Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  •     Have adequate funds for the stay
  •     Need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada


The Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa. It helps parents and grandparents of a PR holder or Canadian citizen children visit Canada for up to 2 years at a time.