The Atlantic Immigration pilot program began in 2017 as a part of a joint initiative to boost economic growth in Canada’s Atlantic provinces by bringing in skilled workers. To qualify for this program, applicants must have an official job offer from a designated employer.
The 4 Atlantic provinces are:
This program facilitates immigration for each of the parties:
– Foreign nationals or skilled workers.
– Employers designated by the government to hire foreign nationals.
– A publicly funded institution recently graduated.
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program. It started as a program for economic benefits for smaller communities, and this created a pathway for skilled foreign workers to work and live permanently in one of these communities.
This program includes communities in
Requirements to apply for permanent residence under this pilot:
– IRCC eligibility requirements and community-specific requirements.
– Find eligible employment in one of the communities.
Candidates can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if they are 18 years old & above and are:
– A Canadian citizen
– A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
– A Canadian PR holder
Family sponsorship is for the following categories:
Canada has provided two programs for caregivers to get employed and obtain their PR.
The two pilot programs were launched for international caregivers who:
– Have Canadian work experience or a job offer in hand
– Have the needed education
– Language proficiency
Caregivers who meet all the requirements but do not have 24 months of Canadian work experience are issued an occupation-restricted open work permit.
Start-Up Visa Program
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program is for entrepreneurs with the skills to build businesses that:
– Are innovative
– Can create jobs for Canadians
– Can compete on a global scale
Do you have an innovative business idea? You can get to immigrate to Canada if a designated organization is willing to support this business idea.
Self Employed Persons Program
The Self-employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as self-employed people.
To meet the requirements of this program, applicants must:
Candidates interested in immigrating as a self-employed person must:
– Have relevant experience
– Be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
– Meet the program’s selection criteria
– Meet medical, security, and other conditions
The Agri-Food pilot program in Canada is industry-specific and will run until May 2023. Most workers will mainly be in the meat processing, animal raising, green housing, and mushroom production sectors. Eligible candidates for the Agri-food pilot Canada program must have a valid job offer and work experience in specialized occupations.
Workers who want to settle and remain in Canada will be: